2016 is just a few hours away, ladies and gents. Everyone is getting ready to celebrate the New Year and so am I.
As a full-time dreamer, I look forward to a New Year filled with possibilities, adventures and, of course, dreams becoming reality.
There’s no better way to wish you all a great time than a multilingual video, don’t you think? So, here it is!
The team at Move Hub put together the following clip in a bid to capture as many languages as they could: “We clocked up 27 languages and captured many happy revelers wanting to wish their friends and family overseas a happy 2016. While you may have heard some of these languages (for example, English, if you are reading this without Google Translator), but others like Garifuna may be new to you. Garifuna, listed on UNESCO’s vulnerable language list, is from St. Vincent in the Caribbean, but can be found in Central American countries Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, and Nicaragua, where it is critically endangered.”
Before saying goodbye – or ciao, or adieu – to 2015, I feel like sharing with you some most inspirational language articles I’ve read online over the past year.
- A New Language: The Gift You Give to Others by Language Surfer (the absolute best language post I’ve read in 2015, hands down).
- 10 Things I Did Differently for Language Learning in 2015 by Lindsay Does Languages
- 8 Life-Changing Language Learning Events Around the Globe by Fluent Language
- 12 Days of Christmas Around the World by Eurolinguiste (with a guest-post from yours truly!)
- Mandarin: end of the road, or why recognizing failure doesn’t have to suck by The Polyglotist