Hello! Salut! ¡Hola! Ciao! こんにちは。
It’s a pleasure to meet you.
Who am I?
My name is Chiara and I’m the language nerd + teacher behind Runaway Daydreamer. I’m a twenty-something Italian girl who believes in lifelong learning.
I was born in the countryside of Italy but I’m fortunate enough to live in Rome at the moment (yay!).
Driven by passion
Different languages and cultures have always been a passion of mine and I have been fascinated by them since I was a little girl.
French, Spanish, and Japanese are the ones I’m mostly focused on. I want to be able to express my feelings, my emotions, my thoughts, my needs as if they were my native tongue. Pretty ambitious, isn’t it?
Why I created this blog
Runaway Daydreamer started in April 2014. It began as a way to document my language journey and share my experiences, thoughts, and lessons learned along the way. I wanted to keep myself motivated and keep track of my progress and my mistakes.
I took the idea from the “Studentessa Matta” blog, written almost exclusively in Italian by my friend Melissa Muldoon.
Over time, this space has evolved and is now dedicated to encourage, help and inspire language lovers from all over the world.
Random facts about me
- When I’m passionate about something, I put my whole heart and soul into it.
- Apart from languages, I love any form of art and entertainment (photography, cinema, motion graphic, painting, digital art, you name it)
- French music makes my heart beat faster.
- I have a penchant for bold and bright colors, but I mostly own black clothes. Quirky.
- When I’m not blogging, you can find me munching on pizza (hey, I’m Italian after all!)
- I’m an introvert.
- You can bribe me with chocolate. Anytime.
Feeling Social? Let’s connect + be friends!
Have an idea, a tip or just want to get in touch? We can always chat via email. I’d love to hear from you!
Like free stuff? Me too!
That’s why I created a library full of language goodies. Head over here if you want to grab them all.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain